Bring I.D., tools for minor repairs and maybe rain gear.NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED !
BE SAFE!We want everyone to have a fun bike ride, and we especially want everyone to be safe! Please allow a safe riding distance near others, and we ask that everyone exercise courtesy and patience during their ride.
The route is not restricted from motorized traffic, So follow biking laws. We will have a variety of cyclists traveling at different speeds, so the best way to keep yourself and others safe is to remain alert and remember the following:
- Helmets are required for all participants (including children in carrier seats and carts)
- Follow the instructions given to you by the volunteers along the route.
- Signal your intentions to stop, change lanes or slow down. When you stop, get as far to the right as possible and get off the route.
- Be alert for overtaking cyclists and give them room to pass.
- Pass other cyclists on the left by giving an audible warning such as a ringing a bell or calling out “excuse me, passing on your left”. Wait for a reaction before passing.
- Ride at a safe speed with due regard for your fellow cyclists.
- Do not wear headphones.
- Yield to pedestrians
Be Kind to The CommunityThis is a special community event, it may be startling to some residents and drivers to see so many bike riders in the street. Let's make a great first impression in the community and make friends along the way! Give a wave, call out hello, and help us make a great first impression!
Riders Safety PledgeI pledge to ride in a safe, courteous manner. I will obey all applicable traffic laws and accept direction from area police Unity Gardens volunteers. I acknowledge that my safety, and the safety of others, depends on me.
BICYCLE HELMETS REQUIRED
KNOW AND OBEY INDIANA TRAFFIC LAWS